The Newport Boat Show’s recognition of the best new boats and boating products had nearly 40 entries this year, more than in any year since 2008. The Denison team is very proud of the Beneteau’s Barracuda’s award of Best New Boat Under 30′.
We’d be remiss not to let you know Denison is receiving 2 brand new 2012 Barracudas in October. You can see them at the upcoming 2012 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show (FLIBS). Contact Beneteau Power specialist Alex Wilkes for full details on availability and pricing: 239.994.2648.
At the 2012 Newport International Boat Show award ceremonies the results of judging New Boat & Yacht awards were announced as follows:
The 2012 main category winners were:
• Best New Sailboat: Motive 25R Trimaran by Motive Trimarans
• Best New Powerboat: Hunt 44 Express Sedan from Hunt Yachts
• Best New Boating Product: Raymarine i50 and i60 Series Instruments by Raymarine.
In a new competition this year, a Peoples’ Choice Award was presented to a boat selected by attendees voting on Opening Day.
The entry receiving the most votes was:
• Peoples’ Choice Award Winner: 2012 Metan VB from Metan Marine, which displayed a restored 23′ 1979 SeaCraft and a restored 13′ 1965 Boston Whaler.
In addition to the main award winners, 2 category winners were selected in the separate boat groups, with these winners being the runners-up from which the main award winners were chosen.
Among sailboats, the winners were:
• Best New Sailboat 30′+: Dufour 36P by Dufour Yachts
• Best New Sailboat Under 30′: Motive 25R
In the powerboat category, the 2 category winners were:
• Best New Powerboat 30′: Hunt 44
• Best New Powerboat Under 30′: Barracuda 9 meter from Beneteau Group